Monday, May 08, 2006

the great edinbrgh run

jamie (left) and his running team - pre race!

yesterday was the great edinburgh run - a 10km run round most of edinburgh. jamie was taking part with some friends from work. it was a really horrible day - very misty and wet. I went to watch from my work (down in the cowgate). it was a very odd experience because it was so quiet - all you could hear was the sound of feet and very heavy breathing!! I stood out for 45 mins but didnt manage to spot any of the people I knew that were doing it - Caroline, Hannah or Jamie. I did however manage to spot my physiotherapist and shouted "go-on sheila" which made her jump!! it was quite weird cheering her on as as she's usually the one encouraging me to walk a bit further!

no one I know :-(

Despite only training once Jamie did manage to complete it in just over an hour (official time to be in paper tomorrow night!). I was very impressed! I got a stitch walking fro the car to the start line!

No comments: