Tuesday, March 14, 2006

beautiful??

carberry towers - i tea-leafed this picture off another site
it doesnt really do the place justice it's amazing!!

i was away last weekend with folks from bec (my church). we stayed at the most amazing castlelike house thing called Carberry Towers, just outside Edinburgh.
We talked a lot about creativity and did loads of creative things. There is something very weird about being told to be creative... it's like being told not to smile or not to think about the number 5. It was very cool to use my imagination for the first time in years! when i was at primary school we used to do loads of creative things... i remember very clearly making a model of Kilroot Power station out of boxes and straws. i wish i had a picture of that! i do however have a picture of the house we made out of boxes and cellotape on friday night.

i am strangely proud of this monstrosity -
like an ugly child I think its beautiful just because its mine!

i took some pictures of the scenery too. here's some pretty snowdrops from the grounds.
i don't know what you think - but i find beautiful nature scenes peaceful but slightly boring. I feel like I am just embarking on the whole photography road... so much to learn! I need to read the instructions to my camera so i can work out how to change aperture and shutter speed etc etc. but I'll leave that to some day when I have more energy and less pain.

1 comment:

ali wilson said...

hey theresa!!
thanks for popping round to my humble blog - it was lovely to get your message from all the way in the USA. Carberry changed hands again last year so I'm not sure on their volunteer policy. i had a canadian frend that worked there a couple of years ago and loved it. they have a great website (www.carberrytower.com). it is such a beautiful and peaceful place. i hope i get to go back soon :-)
with love
ali