Thursday, March 16, 2006

a wee holiday

this is the exclusive wgh clock-tower resort. my accomoation is on the
second floor - complete with room service

well i'm off for a wee holiday. 3 days in ward 15 at the western general hospital fun fun fun!! its so that i can be given some vasodilator (vein opening stuff) by drip for 3 days or so. It should mean that my hands go back to being pink rather than the usual blue. I had the same stuff last september and it worked really well so i am pretty hopeful.
i wouldn't want to stop any sympathy or special treatment i might get because of this... but it's really not that bad. i get 3 days away from my job, housework, all responsibity in general. i get to kick back, read a book, listen to my nano, chill out. I know most of the nurses now and there's always some entertaining grannies around laughing about their arthritis. No need to cook - they even bring you a cup tea to your bedside! so all in all i can't complain... but i will lap up all the sympathy that's going :-)
hope the vomiting and miraines don't start - i would hate to feel sick when I'm in hospital!

2 comments:

Kaz said...

hey ali,
i hope everything goes ok when yer hospital, thinkin' of u, let me know how u feel after
kaz x
ps think we've got a PINK limo for ali heheheh..hope she doesn't read this and see the supirse!

ali wilson said...

cheers babe!!
ive got my bags all packed and ready to go.
ive eaten all the nice food in the fridge to make up for the ming ahead of me.
loving the pink limo idea. i hope you are remembering that i have to live in this city afterwards so nothing too mad going down!!
im sure ali will be much too busy to read my wee blog