Tuesday, March 28, 2006

mother's day

my mother : the great isabel wright
my mum brought me and my brothers up to be independant and not caught up in traditions and materialism. well that really came to bite her on the ass last sunday! Last sunday was, "mothering sunday" or mother's day as the rest of the world calls it. My mother received... one card... and it wasn't from any of her three children!
I'm sure you may be slightly concerned with this... why didnt she get cards from us... and who is sending mother's day cards to my mum??
Well... Iain has been busy moving house and did make a phone call to say that flowers were on their way. Alan bought mum some fluffy dice for her new car (a classic gift well done alan!). I did send mum a card, (hand made at that!!) but it arrived late - damn royal mail! The happy mother's day card that mum did receive on mother's day was from her deaf friend - (it's a whole other world!) maybe she knew how useless me and my brothers are!
... I hang my head in shame!

1 comment:

Iain said...

i add my shame to yours