Saturday, April 15, 2006

great friday!!

well i'm glad i wasn't relying on you guys to come up with ideas for my day off. thanks to phil who actually replied - and sorry we didn't make it round to yours.
we had a really fab day. we went to loch lomond - it's so beautiful there and the sun shone the whole time. we took the scenic route (through airdrie!!) and arrived at lunch time for a picnic on the beach. then we spent hours throwing sticks for Cara (what do people do without dogs?) then we went for a walk up a bit of the West Highland Way. It has given me a taste of walking again.
I used to be really into hillwalking but havent been able to do much the past few years. Am thinking if i can get anyone who will be passionate enough to go walkng and patient enough to wait on me that I'll head for the hills again soon!!












It was so good to be out and about - to see beautiful things and new places and to have a laugh!

After Loch Lomond we fancied some fish and chips so it was off to Anstruther. It's a wee fishing port near St Andrews (East Coast of Scotland) that's very famous for its chippy. SO famous infact that you have to queue for quite a while... an hour and a half to be exact!! long enough to read that Tom Hanks has been there lots of times (and to hear all about the woman behind me in the queue's marriage issues). but boy was it worth the wait!!
hmmm I'm just wondering when I can get myself back there again for another!
Anstruther - it was getting dark by the time we got out! - the famous chippy (note the queue)

So all in all it was a great day out. we didn't go to any church things to remember Jesus dying but I reckon Jesus wants us to enjoy the good things like beautiful places and having fun with the people we love and fish and chips :-)

No comments: