Saturday, July 29, 2006

New Horizons

Kirsty and Rahel at the Giant's Causeway

I'm just back from my latest trip to the great norn iron and I have lots of photos to share with you. Kirsty and Rahel (Kirsty's friend from Australia) went with me. We stayed in the university halls at Coleraine (UUC) - the poshest halls I've ever seen - all ensuite and nice furniture! I even thought they had furnished it with a brand new coffee maker until i realised that mum had brought one - i guess it was one of mums essential travel items - hope she can get it to india ok!! We were staying with Mum and Margaret and Alan



it was so good spending time with these guys. I think that made the trip for me. It has been a while since i've see Margaret! We went along to bible readings on Joseph in the mornings and "evening celebration" in the evenings (worship and bible teaching). The evenings were on suffering and how important suffering is in a christian's life. It certainly has flipped a lot of my thinking on its head... still pondering a lot of what was said!
I was also challenged on being more environmentally conscious. Will keep trying on that one!
We spent time in the afternoon doing some touristy things which i'll blog about later...

No comments: