Monday, July 31, 2006

rainy days in edinburgh

well this is the first time Ive had a chance to be on the computer in a wee while. Jamie has taken to myspace like a duck to water and so our wee computer has been very busy. You can check out his stuff on www.myspace.com/jamiewilsonmusic you can even hear his music. It'll not be long till the CDs are out and he has 2 gigs in the offing just now so its all go on the music front.

I must admit im having a rather grumpy day. I woke up sore and it got worse. I realised i had left my jacket with the hood in the car (i.e. sitting outside Jamie's work) so i had to wear my wee rain jacket. It was only a light drizzle so I made my way out of the flat and up to the park. The rain got heavy and the wind blew and the water ran dripping from my face. Then I saw the bus in the distance - like a beautiful mirage or refuge and safety. I thanked the Lord and reminded myself of how he blesses his children. I ran like an eejit with arthritis across the park and over the road and jumped (in a rather slow jumping fashion) onto the bus. the bus driver was smirking and I was laughing at the state of myself... until it became apparent that i had no money on my bus pass and was going to have to get off the beautiful bus of refuge into the rain once more. I reminded myself how the Lord never said he'd keep his children dry from the rain (it would be pretty wierd if he did!) and walked the whole way to the bank and then the post office to get my wee card topped up. Ten minutes of standing at the bus stop meant that i had a pretty good river running down my head and out my shoes - excellent for annoying fellow (dry!) passengers. The guy next to me laughed at me and asked what star sign i was. He then proceeded to read me my stars - apparently I was having a "brilliant day"! Dead on!

1 comment:

PhilT81 said...

Why couldn't the bus driver have taken pity on a poor wee Ali in distress and let you on for free or at least taken down your name and address?

Sarcy Git! <---Not my sig, a reference to the driver.

Phil <---My sig.